Title: It’s the Thought that Counts
Text: Romans 12:3-8
- Humble Thoughts V3
- Body Language V4-5
- Parts that Support and Compliment V6-8
Personal Reflection & Small Group Questions
Please complete this study on your own or use it in your Small Group for discussion.
- Looking back over your notes from this week’s sermon and text, what particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
- How does humble thinking from v3 relate to renewing of our minds from v2?
- What are some specific ways you struggle to live in harmony with others? What would it look like for you to take practical steps of repentance?
- There are three other New Testament type list of spiritual gifts. Skim over them and note similarities and differences: 1 Corinthians 12:7-10; 1 Corinthians 12:28 and Ephesians 4:11.
- Consider the tensions between Jews and Gentiles. Why is it important for Paul to write about interdependence with each other’s gifts?
- What do you perceive to be your own spiritual gifts? Would others say that about you?
- Looking back over this week’s sermon and study, what one thing is most important for you to remember and apply as you live sent this week?