Title: Can I Be Honest with You?
Text: Exodus 20:16
- A Revealing Mouth
- Honoring a Reputation
- Bits and Rudders
Personal Reflection & Small Group Questions
- Looking back over your notes from this week’s sermon and text, what particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
- How did you do at spotting the dancing gorilla? Be honest (remember the commandment)! Did it surprise you how easy it was to miss it? How does this shape your view of eyewitness testimony?
- What are some ways we can bear false witness that go beyond the courtroom?
- Do you think you’ve ever borne false witness about someone by sharing a meme, or tweet or making a misleading statement about someone with whom you disagree with on a political level? Is that okay?
- Would you be willing to try the “tongue assignment” this week and then report back on how you did next small group time?
- Looking back over this week’s sermon and study, what one thing is most important for you to remember and apply?