Text: Romans 13:1-7
Title: Living as Citizens of Heaven and Earth: Navigating Authority
- Christians and the State v. 1
- Submit in Everything? vv. 2-5
- Christian’s Responsibility vv. 6-7
- Looking back over your notes from this week’s sermon and text, what particularly caught your attention, challenged or confused you?
- Circle all the times Paul mentions God in 13:1–6. What verbs are assigned to God?
- What is the relationship between God and governing authorities?
- What is your attitude towards the governing authorities? Does it reflect what Paul commands here?
- Do you tend to have a too high of view or two low of view of the authorities God as put over you?
- When do Christians courageously disobey earthy authorities in order to obey God? What are some examples that have happened or could happen in your life?
- Looking back over this week’s sermon and study, what one thing is most important for you to remember and apply?