Speaker: Dr. Juan Carlos Téllez
Title: Blessed To Bless
Text: Genesis 12:1-3
Answer the Call
- How have you discerned God’s call in your life?
- How would you describe God’s calling in your life in each area of your life (work, family, neighborhood)?
Bless the World
- The title of the sermon is “Blessed to Bless” because God’s promise to Abram was that He would bless him, so Abram would be a blessing to the rest of the world. What are some ways in which God has blessed you, so you can bless others?
Count the Cost
- Are there specific acts of obedience God is calling you today?
- Is there anything in particular you need to put in place, so you can persevere through what God has called you to do?
Declare His Name
- Is there someone in your life to whom you can communicate the love of Jesus? What are some small, practical ways you can do that this week?
Questions to deepen your study:
- What are the initial thoughts or impressions you got from Genesis 12:1-3?
- The main point of the sermon is “God calls us to bless the world in His Name.” How was that true for Abram in Genesis 12? How is it true for believers today?Everyone struggles with ‘making a name for themselves’ Gen. 11:4. How is that a temptation in your life? What could you do to declare the name of Jesus, instead of making a name for yourself